A bit chaos this morning. Today I’m supposed to attend a meeting with PT Ide Diconic about e-learning and animated videos in Purnawarman. I arrived early, at 7 a.m. while the meeting starts at 9 a.m. While I was typing my Communication Skill Module, Ms Lily called me that Lee Anthony couldn’t come to iBT Speaking class because he’s ill. She insisted that I had to substitute him and I kept saying no. This time I have to make my friends solve their problem on their own. I just told Ms Lily to come to class and give my speaking assignment to the participants. Well, as a program coordinator, I am still trying to be responsible with our classes, although I just cant go back to Pancoran.
I hope the class is running well now…I’m having a meeting at the moment. And I still can type something while participating in the meeting. I just want to share what assignment that I give to iBT Speaking class today. Since it is for the 5th meeting, I expect our participants have already learned all the iBT Speaking skills. So, here is the assignment.
Practice with Personal Preference.
Preparation time for each item: 15 seconds
Response time: 45 seconds (per item)
Instructions: The following questions will ask you to speak about topics that are familiar to you. Record your speaking using Sound Recorder. All ten files are saved in one folder and named using your full name. Save each file using the name : Task#_YourNAme (make necessary adjustment). Send the files to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does advertising influence people’s behavior? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.
- Neighbors are the people who live near us. In your opinion, what are the qualities of a good neighbor? Use specific details and examples in your answer.
- Why you think smartphone has changed people’s lives?
- What are the important qualities of a good son or daughter? Have these qualities changed or remained the same over time in your culture? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
- What change would make your hometown more appealing to people your age? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Should a city try to preserve its old, historic buildings or destroy them and replace them with modern buildings? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- If you could study a subject that you have never had the opportunity to study, what would you choose? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.
- Do you agree or disagree that grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.
- Describe a custom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt. Explain your choice, using specific reasons and examples.
- If you could go back to some time and place in the past, when and where would you go? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice.
I just don’t know what to give, those questions are just common topics that I normally use for TWE classes. But I think those are OK to keep our participants busy in the Lab 😀 😀 😀 . For plan B, just in case participants find the task too easy and they can finish it before 10 am, I asked the MOT to prepare a movie to watch in our studio, the AV Room on the 5th floor, and make them watch without any subtitles. A teacher always knows how to kill the time hehehe…
OK focus again now with my meeting. 🙂